COUNTY SCHOOL CORPORATION AIMS AND GOALS 2008-2009
The following aims will provide direction for improvement and
1 – STUDENT LEARNING
• All students will be in attendance every school day.
• All students will meet Indiana Academic Standards as required
by the state.
• All students will make continuous improvement in English/language
arts and math.
• Administrators and teachers will utilize data to identify
student needs, guide instruction, and assess performance.
• All students will have learning opportunities through
school partnerships with families and the community.
• All students with special needs will be educated in general
education settings to the fullest extent possible.
AIM 2 – STAFF QUALITY
• Highly qualified, competent, diverse, and caring staff
will be secured for all positions.
• The corporation will require high standards of accountability
and responsibility for all school employees that includes an active
system of evaluation and professional growth.
• The corporation will continuously empower and engage leaders
and stakeholders to create a shared vision for the improvement
of education at all levels.
• The corporation will provide continuous learning and professional
development, including research-based strategies and technology
integration, to support high performance of all employees aligned
with state and national goals.
• The corporation will encourage wellness opportunities.
AIM 3 – FINANCIAL POSITION
• The administration will maintain a strategic plan to use
financial resources to maximize educational achievement, sustain
effective programming, and promote an environment of fiscal responsibility.
• The administration will monitor fiscal issues to insure
the long-term financial stability of the corporation, including
the maintenance of the School Board policy of at least an 8% cash
balance in the General Fund.
AIM 4 – TECHNOLOGY
• Students will obtain 21st century technology skills.
• Students will enhance learning in content areas with the
integration of technology.
• Students and staff will maximize the use of the available
• Technology will be aligned with state and local educational
aims and goals.
• All Vigo County School Corporation technology efforts
will be coordinated with the curriculum and business needs of
AIM 5 – FACILITIES AND TRANSPORTATION
• Facilities will be neat, clean, and safe to provide the
optimal learning environment.
• The operation of facilities will focus on efficiency and
• A strategic plan for corporation facility improvement
will be maintained.
• A clean and efficient school bus fleet will be maintained
to provide safe transportation.
AIM 6 – SAFE AND CARING SCHOOLS
• Schools will provide a safe and welcoming environment.
• The school environment will promote citizenship, civic
responsibility, and wellness while recognizing
and respecting diversity and cultural competency.
• Safety and crisis plans will be implemented in each facility
assuring that all activities are conducted
in a “safety first” manner.
• The Corporation will provide staff with the support necessary
to work in a safe environment.